Physical medicine and rehabilitation, or physiatry, is a branch of medicine that aims to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life to those with physical impairments or disabilities.
Physiatrists evaluate and treat both adults and children with acute and chronic pain, including those with short- or long-term physical and/or cognitive impairments and disabilities that result from musculoskeletal conditions (neck or back pain, or sports or work injuries), neurological conditions (stroke, brain injury, or spinal cord injury) or other medical conditions (fibromyalgia). The goal of physiatrists is to decrease pain and enhance performance without surgery.
Physical Medicine & Pain Management Providers
Southern Tennessee Spine & Pain Center specializes in:
- Comprehensive evaluations and management of spine, joint, and neuromuscular conditions
- Minimally invasive surgical and injection treatments for acute and chronic pain conditions (epidurals, ablations, spinal cord stimulators, pain/baclofen pumps)
- Medication management of chronic pain conditions (opioid/non-opioid management)
- Management of chronic late effects of stroke, brain, and spinal cord injury (pain, spasticity, DME needs)
- Regenerative medicine procedures for spine and joint conditions (stem cell/PRP injections)